Thursday, January 15, 2009

Training

Here are just a few pictures of Mosbach, Germany where I'll be for the next few weeks.




This little house is Mosbach's smallest house. Apparently, it's quite a tourist destination. For our first adventure here, we were sent out on a scavenger hunt, and had a list of things we needed to find: a Viking fleet, the smallest house, dates of an upcoming music festival, etc.

My friend, Emily, tells me that we women especially like small things (like this small house), because it reminds us of the babies we'll have in the future, and babies, when they come out, are small. I think she wishes she'd studied psychology in school. Instead, she'll be living on a boat for the next 2 years, teaching fourth graders.







Below is the youth hostel where I'm living at the moment until I get to France. It's a cute place, and it's a nice walk between here and the conference center. All my friends live right across the hall, so we have fun.


Anyway, so far this week, we've been in training sessions. How do I live on a team? How do I live in a cross-cultural environment? How do I share with others? Who am I? and Who is God? and such things like that. So far, I've not recovered from jet lag, so I seem to fall asleep at any given moment. It's frustrating, because I'll think I'm listening really well, and then, all the sudden, strange things start happening...like midgets start dancing around or the ceiling caves in, and then, I realize that I've fallen asleep. I think I've even begun sleeping with my eyes open. Great talent. Besides that, nothing really new. Just meetings, meetings, meetings. It's fun, but I'm excited for a day off on Sunday. So, I'll update you then...when things get exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're too funny!

Leanne

Anonymous said...

It worked! I guess I CAN use my AIM name..I thought I had tried it before but it didn't work..guess I clicked on the right buttons! :-)