Friday, January 29, 2010

That Thin Line Between Fact and Fiction

I've been really tired lately--caught up in a lot of things and my mind has been a little muddled. I was praying this morning, and suddenly, this family came to mind. An American journalist married to a French man. They were thinking about a divorce. I kept trying to remember who this couple was, and how exactly it was that I'd come to know them.

My mind was blank.

Anyway, I prayed for them, and then, went along my business as usual. Later on today, I picked up the book I'm reading, Elle s'appelait Sarah, and I started laughing.

The book is the story of an American journalist married to a French man. She's writing an article on the French government's involvement in World War II, specifically within the context of Occupied France. The woman travels around the Paris area, visiting the interment camps, the work camp, the Vel d'Hiv where French/Jewish families were detained before being sent to Auschwitz. And then, of course, this American woman finds out she's pregnant, her husband doesn't want another baby, and so, he gives her the ultimatum--me or the baby.

I was, I have to admit, quite relieved when it hit me that this huge concern on my heart was actually fiction. Now, I can stop worrying about it so much.

2 comments:

Lemrac said...

Oh Belle! You are so sweet.

Leanne said...

Oh Katie, just what I needed tonight! :-)