Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Bastille Day!







It's 2:23 in the morning on France's national holiday, Bastille Day. I don't have much to say, but just wanted to take the chance welcome in the day.
Though I've spent a July 14th in France previously (4 years ago for a language study abroad), I can't say that I remember anything exceptional happening on this day. But this year is already different. Tonight at 11:00, the city of Pontault had the kick-off with a half-hour fire works show at Hotel de Ville. Tomorrow is another day to brag about, as there will be a huge fireworks display at the Eiffel Tower. Pretty exciting.
I'm not going to lie: I'm pleased about these developments, because the July 4th activity was non-existent (not surprising, I guess, since we're in France and not the US). I can't help loving national holidays...
So, as anti-climactic as this post is, that's that.
Vive la France!


No comments: