Friday, July 17, 2009

Until the Next time...


Hello from rainy Pontault-Combault (I took this light pole picture about an hour ago. I'm starting a new goal to take more photos while I'm here. When I'm old and can't remember anything else, I want to be able to look through my France years).

In any case, although I find it hard to believe that anyone would find it surprising if I didn't write for a week, I still thought I'd officially point out that I'm headed off to a campaign in Bruay-la-Bussiere for the next 8 days. We're working alongside two local churches in B-l-B and its sister city, Auchel--kids clubs, international soirees for the community, miming, and such. So, keep us in your prayers while we're there. We're a small team--only 4 of us from the office, and I think only 11 total.


And guess who I'm driving over with?


Yes, that's right: Michael Jordan.


I'm very pleased with this. Although he claims to be a caucasian, 27-year-old German, I have my doubts. I'm pretty sure he'll be wearing red, will have an exceptionally intimate knowledge of Chicago, and will be very adept with basketballs. Let's cross our fingers.

And, by the way, speaking of sports, I thought I'd also mention that if any of you are Tour de France fans, be sure to watch the race during its final stage (the 26th, I think). They'll be riding through my town, Pontault-Combault, on the way to the finish in Paris. The one time something exciting happens here, I miss it... Oh well. I'm comforting myself with the thought that I'll meet Michael Jordan. He's got to be more exciting than Lance Armstrong, right?

No comments: