Monday, October 5, 2009

Glamour in the Garbage

Last week, I was walking to the train after church, and I passed a trash can where something out of the ordinary happened. The trash can was stacked full of magazines, so, of course, I weaved closer to see what was there.
And guess what?
There were probably close to 300 Glamour magazines (the new October 2009 edition) still stacked and bound up in twine.
I worked one magazine out, and took it home with me. I showed it to my housemate, Dominique, whose response was: "How many did you take?"
Later, I showed it to a friend, Madeleine, whose response was also: "How many did you take?"
Our town was having a city-wide garage sale that day, and Dominique and Madeleine were really disappointed that I hadn't taken all of those still twined together magazines so we could sell them at a reduced price.
As Dominique said, "Even if we only made a euro, it's one euro that we didn't have before!"

Well, now I've learned my lesson.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I guess one mans trash really is another man's treasure!